Check in time | 14:00 – 19:00
Check out time | 08:00 – 10:00
HINTS, TIPS & GENERAL REGULATIONS OF KOSI BAY AREA
- Firewood and Firelighters are sold at the Lodge, but firewood can also be purchased outside from the local communities.
- Good relations between visitors to the area and community members are necessary. Do not photograph the community without prior consent and do not interfere or visit any of the fish traps without prior consent from the local community.
- Fishing nor any other type of activity is not permitted in the Marine Sanctuary from Beacon No 8 at Bhanga Nek south to Beacon No 9 at Dog Point.
- All boats using the interconnecting channel between Lakes 2 and 3 must travel dead slow with the engine just idling while keeping to the right, close to the channel bank. This is to prevent erosion of the banks. Failing to do so will result in the offenders being asked to leave the reserve. Access is denied to 4th Lake (Amanzamnyama).
- No generators are permitted.
- No person may pump sand prawns unless in possession of a general bait licence or if the holder thereof is in attendance. A daily limit of 50 sand prawns is permitted.
- No waterskiing, yachting, jet-skiing or other water sport is permitted.
- No person is allowed to visit Kosi Estuary, Bhanga Nek, Black Rock, Rocktail Bay or Lala Nek without a valid permit.
- Permits to visit Kosi Mouth, Bhanga Nek and Black Rock, available Kosi Bay Reserve’s offices. These permits are issued on a first come first served basis.
- It is an offense to pick, damage or remove any plant from the Park or to disturb, kill or remove any animal from the Park.
- Ice can be bought at the Lodge, just enquiry at reception.
- Load Shedding does occur from time to time, therefore it is always advisable to bring a flash light.